Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Artichoke Stuffing



Food from my childhood always evokes the most special memories of my daddy cooking from the night before Thanksgiving till the early hours of the morning.  The Cajun Gumbo and Artichoke Stuffing always reminds me of my childhood and my Thanksgiving would not be the same without it.  I make it every year.  The picture is of the stuffing before it's baked.  I can't wait till tomorrow to smell it cooking, the tang of the cooking lemons never fails to make my mouth water.  I hope you'll try it.  It's the best!   Happy Thanksgiving to you and your families.  May your day be filled with family fun, love, laughter and great food!!!
 Artichoke Stuffing

Ingredients:

2 – 14 oz. cans of artichoke hearts
1 ½ - 15 oz. canisters of Italian Style bread crumbs
3 lemons
½ cup of parmesan cheese
2/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil
2/3 cup of water
3 cloves of garlic chopped
Salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste

Directions:

In a large mixing bowl add the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and garlic powder and mix well, then drain the artichoke hearts and break them apart into the bread crumb mixture add all of the other wet ingredients including the juice of 1 ½ lemons and the chopped garlic.  Slice the remaining lemons and set aside.  Mix together all of the ingredients till a dough ball forms.  I usually use my hands for this part because it’s easier than trying to mix with a wooden spoon.  Then press into a baking dish.  Place remaining sliced lemons on top cover well with aluminum foil.  Bake at 400 degrees till a brown crust forms around the edges.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment